December 19, 2018
As we approach the end of the year, we would like to thank our many partners, funders, investors, stakeholders and, most of all, our residents for the successes we achieved as an organization in 2018. While we know there is still plenty of work to be done, we are proud of the progress that’s been made over the past 12 months.
With your support, we…
- Opened two new developments: Pennington Grove, a community for seniors 55 and older in Garner and Greenfield Place, a community for individuals and families in Chapel Hill.
- Started construction on The Village at Washington Terrace and Booker Park North at Washington Terrace, both of which are scheduled for completion in 2019.
- Served over 450 individuals through the DHIC Homeownership Center’s “Bringing Home the Dream” workshops and 162 homebuyers made homeownership a reality.
- Through our Resident Services program, we partnered with service providers, community organizations, and volunteers to provide 450 resident programs to the more than 3,400 residents who live throughout our 41 apartment communities.
Securing Funding for the Future
- We served on Wake County’s Affordable Housing Steering Committee and in June, supported the Wake County Commissioners in adopting the 2018-2019 Wake County budget that included $15 million in new funds to help address the growing need for affordable housing in the County. We are excited about the opportunities this will bring for the community!
- In August, we were awarded tax-credit funding for two new developments:
- Beacon Ridge, a Raleigh development in partnership with the YMCA, Southeast Raleigh Promise and Wake County Public Schools that will provide 120 affordable apartments for individuals and families.
- Willard Street Apartments, an 82-unit development near Durham Station, in partnership with Self-Help, another local nonprofit. Construction will begin in 2019.
- We have seven projects in the development pipeline that, if funded, will deliver another 600+ new or renovated affordable apartment homes to the marketplace over the next 3-5 years.
We are happy to say that together, we made a difference by making home a reality for individuals, seniors, and families in our community. We look forward to continuing our work and creating and preserving housing opportunities in 2019, together!