Home to Opportunity.
39 communities in 9 counties.
300+ homeowners in 2017.
43 years building communities.
The first DHIC apartment community was built in 1984. Three decades later, with more than 30 communities across North Carolina, we believe that service to our residents is of top importance and coincides with remarkable quality and good design.
It is paramount to our mission that residents in our communities who have low to moderate income have access to resources, education and opportunities to enhance their quality of life and potential for long-term success.
If you’re interested in any of these apartment communities, please contact the property manager who will be able to answer your questions regarding availability, income requirements, and the application process.
- Family Housing is for singles or families of just about any size. We have 21 family apartments in seven counties.
- Senior Housing is restricted to individuals who are age 55 or older (or 62+ in some cases). DHIC offers 12 senior apartments in two counties.
- Supportive Housing is for singles who have been homeless in the past or otherwise need access to more intensive social services. We have two supportive housing communities, both in Wake County.
Most of DHIC’s apartments are reserved for households earning 60% or below Area Median Income (AMI), with some exceptions. Income limits are based on household size and county, and they change each year. To find out whether you qualify for a specific DHIC property, contact the apartment manager listed on each individual property’s page.
|Wake County 60% Area Median Income by Household Size|
|1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People|
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO APPLY
Visit the specific rental community page to determine income restrictions and application procedures. In addition to your application, property managers will evaluate:
- Evidence of income
- Confirmation of age, if property is restricted for seniors
- Landlord and/or personal references
- Credit check
- Criminal background check
Questions? We’ve listed the individual properties so you may call their contact numbers directly for fastest service.