At DHIC, we know building communities doesn’t end with the construction phase. That’s why we in invest in a range of resident services that enrich the safety, quality of life, and sense of community at DHIC properties.
Our full-time Community Development Specialist coordinates with our property management staff and community partners like Resources for Seniors, N.C. State University, Neighbor to Neighbor, Wake County Human Services and others to offer periodic recreational, educational, and community-building activities such as:
- Community watch programs
- Youth summer camp scholarships
- NeighborWorks® Week community celebrations
- Community socials and holiday events
- Financial literacy workshops
- Participation in affordable housing advocacy events
- Leadership development opportunities
- Adult education scholarships
- Homeownership counseling
- Health and wellness programs
DHIC is tuned in to emerging issues and development opportunities in the community, and are at the leadership table when decisions about affordable housing are being discussed in our community and across the region.