For over 40 years, DHIC has served in a leadership role to foster housing opportunities in the Triangle region. As one of the country’s most experienced non-profit housing development organizations, DHIC strengthens our community by offering families and seniors with limited incomes the opportunity for high-quality rental housing and homeownership. When combined with our housing support and counseling services, the impact of DHIC enables thousands of individuals and families to improve their economic well-being by way of stable housing.
DHIC MEETS THE NEED FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING
- Affordable apartment communities known for their beautiful design, top-quality construction and ongoing maintenance.
- Homeownership Center services that prepare aspiring homebuyers for the mortgage and purchase process, as well as the responsibilities of owning and maintaining a residence of their own.
- Resident services that provide valuable tools, training, and connections to community resources and social services that help individuals and families enjoy a more stable, safe and nurturing living environment.
- Housing opportunities geographically dispersed across our region in various neighborhoods and communities, including all levels of the affordability spectrum.
- Award-winning homeowner communities in Southeast Raleigh and elsewhere. From time to time, we partner with accomplished private developers to ensure affordable opportunities are available throughout the Triangle.
AWARD-WINNING SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
- 2019 Thomas Crowder Visionary Award by WakeUP Wake County
- Winner of the 2019 Triangle Business Journal’s SPACE Award for Best Multifamily Development.
- 2018 SPACE award and Green Multifamily Award from Triangle Business Journal
- Winner of the 2012 City of Raleigh Environmental Award for Pioneering Efforts.
- Winner of the 2011 Triangle Business Journal Green Award for Multifamily.
- Eight-time recipient of a City of Raleigh Sir Walter Award for Community Appearance. Featured projects include: Washington Terrace, Meadowcreek Commons, Jeffries Ridge, Murphey School, Parkworth, Prairie Building, and Lennox Chase.
- Two-time recipient of Triangle J Council of Governments’ Development Awards for Jeffries Ridge and Murphey School.
- Five-time recipient of N.C. Housing Finance Agency’s Housing North Carolina Award for Jeffries Ridge, Tryon Grove, Madison Glen, Lennox Chase, Greenfield Place & Commons.
- Winner of the Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition’s Charles L. Edson Award for Lennox Chase.
- Winner of Builder Magazine’s Builders Choice Award for Parkworth community.
- Winner of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta’s Partnership Excellence Award.
WORKING TO IMPROVE THE LIVES OF OUR RESIDENTS EVERYDAY
Take a closer look at one of our community’s history and redevelopment and the impact it has had on the residents who call Washington Terrace home.
See first hand how partnerships and advocacy made Willard Street Apartments a reality for residents of downtown Durham.