Taking Measures to Minimize the Impact of COVID-19
April 20, 2020
Even in these challenging times, we continue to serve our residents by taking measures to minimize the impact of COVID-19. The following is a summary of those measures:
- DHIC’s long-serving leader, Gregg Warren, agreed to defer his planned retirement date until the end of April in order to keep our leadership team stable and intact.
- We have canceled all in-person meetings and are conducting most of our business via email, phone, and video conferencing.
- To help minimize hardships to the 4,000+ residents living in DHIC’s communities, we are:
- Adhering to a Rental Deferral Policy for residents who need it. Even before the CARES Act, we agreed to waive late fees and suspend all evictions.
- Reaching out to our residents to better identify their needs and distribute information about helpful resources.
- Conducting daily calls with our property management teams and service partners to ensure we are meeting the needs of our residents as best we can.
- In partnership with Resources for Seniors, Meals on Wheels, and Interfaith Food Shuttle, DHIC is ensuring that our seniors have adequate food and access to medical care and prescriptions.
- In partnership with the Wake County Public School System and the Raleigh Dream Center, DHIC’s Washington Terrace community serves as one of the many pick-up sites for children’s lunches, providing for 80 families daily.
- We are conducting financial stress analyses on all of our properties, and we are keeping our investors and financial partners informed of any needed adjustments.
- Our Homeownership Center is continuing to serve clients virtually through video conferencing and through our online homebuyer education course. We are also calling past clients to inform them of mortgage payment forbearance options.
- The DHIC Real Estate Development team is continuing to move forward with the construction and lease-up of all our current developments.
Thank you to all our partners, supporters, and volunteers for your continued help during these trying times.