August 25, 2023
Our Homeownership Center staff has been busy over the last few weeks, out serving our community! Here’s a quick recap of what they’ve been up to and a look at upcoming events on the calendar.
- Bilingual Homeownership Advisor, Issac Reyes, participated in a recent Community Action ID event with El Pueblo, speaking with the Hispanic community about our services.
- Senior Homeownership Advisor, Lou Sivulka, volunteered at Washington Terrace, helping with our Community Impact Measurement study.
- Lou also helped with our Affordable Housing Bridge program participation, co-hosting a welcome dinner for the visiting students, transporting them to various locations on the DHIC community map, and giving a short presentation and Q&A about the HOC to the students.
We are so thankful for the hard work that our HOC staff puts in every day to help spread awareness about our resources in the community!
Upcoming HOC Events
September is another busy month for the HOC, as they prepare for the following events:
- Senior Homeownership Center Administrative Coordinator, Tiffany Wilkins, and Senior Homeownership Advisor, Tammy Simmons, will participate in the September Wake Forest Northeast Community Coalition monthly meeting, along with town employees.
- On September 15th, Tiffany will participate in the 19th annual Raleigh Neighborhood Exchange event held at the Carolina Pines Community Center. This year’s theme is “Cultivating Community Culture.”
- On September 17th, Issac will participate in the annual “La Fiesta del Pueblo” event on Fayetteville Street in Raleigh.
We hope to see some of you out at these upcoming events!