Thank you for inquiring about The Village at Washington Terrace! The application process for The Village at Washington Terrace is now closed. Please contact the property directly for more information.
The Village at Washington Terrace is a DHIC affordable housing community, funded in part by the National Affordable Housing Trust, Wells Fargo, NC Housing Finance Agency, and the City of Raleigh, and managed by Community Management Corporation (CMC).
The community will offer a total of 162 apartment homes: 54 one-bedroom/1 bath units, 78 two-bedroom garden and townhome style units with 1.5 or 2 bathrooms, respectively and 30 three-bedroom/2 bath units available to households with incomes at or below 60% of area median income. In Wake County, 50% of AMI for a family of one is $29,550 and for a family of four is $42,150; 60% AMI for a family of one is $35,460 and a family of four is $50,580.
The Washington Terrace community is DHIC’s largest multi-phase community. In addition to energy-efficient affordable housing, the property will also include on-site management services, a 5,400 square foot child care facility leased and operated by the Methodist Home for Children, community clubhouse, business center, laundry facility, fitness room, and on-site resident services coordination.
The area around the community clubhouse will include age-appropriate children’s play areas, community gardens, picnic shelters and grills, and other areas for residents to enjoy the outdoors. Our community is pet free and only allows smoking in designated outdoor areas.
Flat Rents (rents are not based on income):
- Rents for 1 bedroom units range from $592 – $692
- Rents for 2 bedroom units range from $685 – $884
- Rents for 3 bedroom units range from $778 – $908
*Accessible units are available
- 1 month’s rent.
Screening Criteria Requirements:
All applicants over 18 years of age will have criminal, credit and rental screenings completed as part of the approval process as described in the Tenant Selection Plan. Incomes for each household shall not exceed 60% area median income for Wake County, NC. All incomes and assets will be verified to ensure income requirements are met.
Please review our Tenant Selection Plan for The Village at Washington Terrace for more in-depth screening requirements and other screening information.
Student Status Requirements:
Households, where all members are full-time students, must meet certain conditions for eligibility in accordance with the Section 42 Tax Credit Program to qualify for The Village at Washington Terrace. In general, households made up of full-time students of any age do not qualify.
The five exceptions to this general rule follow:
- All members are married and entitled to file a joint tax return.
- The household is comprised of a single parent(s) with minor children where neither the parent nor at least one child is claimed as dependents on someone else’s tax return other than the absent parent of the children.
- The household receives Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF).
- The student is enrolled in a job training program similar to the Job Training Partnership Act, the Workforce Investment Act, or under other similar Federal, State, or local programs.
- The student was previously in Foster Care.
Minimum Income Requirements:
- Households must meet the income requirements of at least two (2) times the current rent rates plus estimated utilities.
- Applicants holding Housing Choice Vouchers must meet the income requirements of two-and-a-half (2 ½) times their tenant portion plus estimated utilities, or $300 whichever is greater.
Tenant Utilities Required:
Water, Sewer, and Electricity: Water and sewer will be billed by the Rental Office on a monthly basis. Electricity usage will be billed by Duke Energy directly and service must be placed in the name of the person on the lease.
Application Requirements for submission:
Management will not accept any applications unless the below are included with completed applications.
- Application fee of $13.00 (no cash) will apply for each person over 18 years of age.
- Driver License or Identification Cards are required for all applicants over 18 years of age.
- Social Security Cards are required for all applicants.
- Birth Certificates will be required for all minors under 18 years of age.
For information about Booker Park North at Washington Terrace, the seniors’ community designated for individuals 62 and older please click here. Please note the application process for Booker Park North at Washington Terrace will open in early spring 2019.