For the past 40 years, DHIC has served in a leadership role to foster housing opportunities in the Triangle region. As one of the country’s most experienced non-profit housing development organizations, DHIC strengthens our community by offering families and seniors with limited incomes the opportunity for high-quality rental housing and homeownership. When combined with our housing support and counseling services, the impact of DHIC enables thousands of individuals and families to improve their economic well-being by way of stable housing.
DHIC MEETS THE NEED FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING
- Affordable apartment communities known for their beautiful design, top-quality construction and ongoing maintenance.
- Homeownership Center services that prepare aspiring homebuyers for the mortgage and purchase process, as well as the responsibilities of owning and maintaining a residence of their own.
- Resident services that provide valuable tools, training and connections to community resources and social services that help individuals and families enjoy a more stable, safe and nurturing living environment.
- Housing opportunities geographically dispersed across our region in various neighborhoods and communities, including all levels of the affordability spectrum.
- Award-winning homeowner communities in Southeast Raleigh and elsewhere. From time to time, we partner with accomplished private developers to ensure affordable opportunities are available throughout the Triangle.
AWARD-WINNING SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
- Winner of the 2012 City of Raleigh Environmental Award for Pioneering Efforts.
- Winner of the 2011 Triangle Business Journal Green Award for Multifamily.
- Seven-time recipient of a City of Raleigh Sir Walter Award for Community Appearance. Featured projects include: Meadowcreek Commons, Jeffries Ridge, Murphey School, Parkworth, Prairie Building, and Lennox Chase.
- Two-time recipient of Triangle J Council of Governments’ Development Awards for Jeffries Ridge and Murphey School.
- Four-time recipient of N.C. Housing Finance Agency’s Housing North Carolina Award for Jeffries Ridge, Tryon Grove, Madison Glen, Lennox Chase.
- Winner of the Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition’s Charles L. Edson Award for Lennox Chase.
- Winner of Builder Magazine’s Builders Choice Award for Parkworth community.
- Winner of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta’s Partnership Excellence Award.